Eastern Front Theatre
Eastern Front Theatre invites applications for the full-time position of Artistic Producer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Artistic Producer provides both artistic direction and general management to the company.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating theatre programs
- Managing productions, touring activities, and the annual Stages theatre festival
- Managing casting and contract negotiations for all productions
- Acting as the primary spokesperson for the company and its productions
- Fostering good working relationships with other cultural organizations, government, development partners, donors, and grant-giving organizations
- Managing day-to-day operations of the company
- Providing financial management, including developing annual budget (subject to Board approval), and overseeing the company’s financial operations
- Serving as the company’s primary fundraiser; these duties include seeking and maintaining funding through grant applications and reports, securing business partners and donors, and donor development, and developing and implementing annual business and donor development programs
- Human resources, including hiring and supervising administrative and technical personnel, negotiating and communicating with theatrical unions and professional organizations, and recruiting and managing volunteers
- Undertaking initiatives in audience development, public relations, marketing, fundraising, event booking, and touring
- Providing regular reports to the Board, and participating in Board meetings
Consideration will be given to candidates with a combination of essential professional, educational, and artistic qualifications. These qualifications may include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Theatre, Public Relations, Business, or a related field (or equivalent)
- Five or more years’ experience in artistic management or non-profit management (or equivalent)
- Experience in donor management, grant writing, and marketing
- Demonstrated financial management, staff supervision, computer, and communications skills
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canadian theatre and cultural sector
About Eastern Front Theatre:
Eastern Front Theatre Company, Halifax Regional Municipality’s most prominent theatre dedicated to the development, production and promotion of Atlantic Canadian theatre artists, is now in its 24th season. Committed to the pursuit of artistic excellence, the company engages and presents the work of Atlantic Canada’s most established and respected artists as well as fostering the successes of tomorrow. Featured in our wide range of programming are the works of both acclaimed writers and the experimental creations of emerging East Coast talents. It is the mission of Eastern Front Theatre to provide HRM audiences with plays that speak directly to the Atlantic Canadian experience. Audiences continue to enjoy original works inspired by our unique history and environment.
To learn more, visit http://www.easternfronttheatre.com.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV and a letter of interest to: Chair@easternfronttheatre.com
There are no upcoming auditions at this time. Watch this space.
Jeremy Webb - Artistic Producer
Jeremy Webb joined Eastern Front Theatre in November 2015, after 6 years producing theatre as Off The Leash Creative and being Artistic Director of WillPower Theatre. His most recent Canadian stage appearances include ‘Jaggers’ in Great Expectations (Neptune Theatre), ‘Jack’ in Broadway on Argyle St (WillPower/OTL), ‘George’ in I’ll Be Back Before Midnight (Valley Summer Theatre), ‘Macbeth’ in Macbeth (WillPower Theatre), ‘Max Bialystock’ in The Producers (Rainbow Stage, Winnipeg), ‘Riverdale/Churchill’ in Rexy (Neptune), ‘Under Milk Wood (touring since 2013,) ‘Paul Fisher’ in his own play Fishing (touring since 2012), ‘Beowulf’ in Beowulf (Two Planks & A passion), and many more.
In Canada, he directed (and wrote) The Chuckle Hour (Festival Antigonish), he wrote Broadway On Argyle St. (for WillPower), Pinocchio (for Shakespeare By The Sea), Urinetown, Blue Remembered Hills, The Wizard of Oz, A Streetcar Named Desire, Animal Farm, The Farm Show, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Romeo & Juliet, Twelfth Night, Liar, Joseph, Grease, Godspell, The Wind In The Willows, and Til It Hurts, I Do! I Do!, Double Double, Les Miserables, The Hobbit and Oliver.
His one-man version of A Christmas Carol has been touring Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and the USA, in schools and theatres since 2003. In 2015, actor Rhys Bevan John took over the role and Webb directed the show. His other plays, Shakespeare On Trial and Fishing have also toured extensively. Shakespeare On Trial was handed over to a new cast (after 550 performances) that will continue to tour in 2016.
Jeremy won a Best Actor Merritt Award for his portrayal of Iago in Othello, for Shakespeare By The Sea. He won the 2010 Mayor’s Award for Achievement in Theatre. In 2013, Jeremy won the Creative Arts Nova Scotia Established Artist Award. In 2014, Off The Leash/Jeremy Webb won the 2014 Touring Performers Award, presented by The Atlantic Presenters Association.
Jessica Lewis - Production Manager - Lullaby: Inside The Halifax Explosion
Jessica is a Lighting Designer, TD and PM based in Halifax NS. She has taken Productions across Canada and throughout the Southern States.
Selected works include: DMV Theatre (Drowning Girls, Pageant, The Ugly One), Mermaid Theatre (The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Eric Carle Favourites), Off the Leash (Broadway on Argyle St, Under Milk Wood, A Christmas Carol), Zuppa Theatre (How Small, How Far Away, Slowly I Turn, Uncle Oscar’s Experiment)
This is Jessica's 11th year working with Eastern Front Theatre on their spring festival, and she is looking forward to helping artists from across Canada share their work at the Stages Festival.